- Property Investment
a: Acquisition of property of at least 500,000 euros. This can be one unit or multiple units up to the value of 500,000 euros. Owners can be individual or joint as long as each applicant invests a minimum of 500,000 euros.
b: Acquisition of property of at least 350,000 euros. This is for properties built more than 30 years ago or are situated in areas of urban regeneration. The value of the refurbishment can be included in the total amount of 350,000 euros.
In respect of the refurbishment on ‘b’ above we should advise that this is a new piece of legislation and detailed architect plans, quotations, proof of payment will need to be provided and checked to ensure qualification is achieved. It is likely further guidance and procedures will be provided by the Government on this subject.Properties can be rented (short or long term), remain empty or owner occupied.
- Capital Investment
a: Capital Investment above 1,000,000 euros.
b: Capital Investment of at least 500,000 euros for acquisition of participation units in investment funds or capital investment companies for capitalisation of small and medium size companies.
c: Capital Investment of at least 350,000 euros applied to research activities carried out by entities which are part of the national scientific and technological system.
d: Capital Investment of at least 250,000 euros applied to investment or support to artistic production or recovery or maintenance of the national cultural heritage.
- Job creation
Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs
- Maintain the investment for a minimum of 5 years
- The full value of the minimum amount required must come from abroad
- Enter Portugal with a valid Schengen Visa
- Produce a clean criminal record
- There must be no previous record of misconduct with the Portuguese Immigration Service (SEF)
- Stay in Portugal period for seven days in the first year and fourteen days during each subsequent period of two years.